Endpoint security, also called antivirus or anti-malware software, is one of the key lines of defence against a multitude of cyber security threats.
Antivirus was initially focussed on detecting and removing viruses. However, as other types of malware emerged (including browser hijackers, ransomware, keyloggers, rootkits, Trojan horses, worms, adware and spyware), protection software evolved to cover these too.
Some solutions also provide protection against other threats, including malicious URLs, spam, phishing attacks, and privacy compromises.
According to AV-TEST, there are over a billion different malware variants in existence, with hundreds of thousands of new ones emerging every day. And it’s not just Microsoft Windows that is affected: AV-TEST also state that over 600,000 instances of malware were discovered in 2020 for macOS, and over three million for Android.
While it is possible to protect devices and data using free tools, these often lack the features necessary to provide a deeper and more complete level of security. In particular, zero-day vulnerabilities as they’re called (which are weaknesses that haven’t yet been patched by software vendors) cannot be effectively mitigated by signature-based antivirus products, and need a ‘next generation’ endpoint security solution.
Think IT provide Avast Business Antivirus Pro Plus, with the following endpoint protection benefits:
- Machine-learning: threats are constantly evolving and Avast’s machine learning coupled with the world’s largest threat detection network means the protection is constantly evolving too, detecting new threats quickly and keeping you safe.
- Behaviour Shield: Avast protects against the newest threats by closely watching the behaviour of all running programs and stepping in to stop a suspicious program instantly.
- SmartScan: Avast speeds up the scanning process by combining scans for threats, issues and new features, and shows itemised results and offers tools and suggestions to fix them.
- Mail protection: the Avast anti-spam service is constantly running to keep your inbox clean with real-time updates provided through the world’s largest sensor network.
Avast also includes privacy and identity protection benefits to protect business information (e.g. financial data, passwords, downloads), and use of untrusted networks (e.g. public Wi-Fi):
- File deletion: with Avast you can permanently delete sensitive files and keep your data private.
- Software updates: Avast can monitor common third party applications and keep them updated.
- Wi-Fi security: Avast can maintain secure Wi-Fi connections when users are working remotely.
- Password management: Avast also supports secure storage and management of passwords.”
What this means to you
Avast Business Antivirus responds to the changing threat landscape with protection that is broad in coverage and deep in capability:
- Next generation protection: Avast Business Antivirus is a next-generation platform – it doesn’t rely on signature-based detection, but integrates advanced technology to detect and remove malware and prevent attacks, keeping you fully protected online.
- Data security: software updates, data deletion and email scanning can all be enabled in Avast Business Antivirus – safeguard sensitive business information, systems, and processes, so nothing is compromised.
- Scalability: easily manage and deploy Avast Business Antivirus from one platform – the Business Hub. Avast can grow with your organisation and provides flexibility if operations and endpoints expand.
- Ease: simple installation and update process, and management through the Business Hub, help to ensure ease of setup and use.
You can be confident that you get outstanding protection too. In AV-TEST lab processes, Avast Business Antivirus protects against:
• 100% of zero-day malware attacks, inclusive of web and e-mail threats.
• 100% of widespread and prevalent malware discovered in the previous four weeks.
Techradar rate Avast Business Antivirus Pro Plus as one of the best endpoint protection products.
Why we are good
We protect hundreds of endpoints with Avast, so we’re well versed in the deployment and management of this industry-leading security platform. We also have a broad, deep and formal understanding of cyber security as a discipline, including but also beyond the products, like endpoint protection, that are part of a robust security posture.
Using these skills and knowledge, we select solutions like Avast for their efficacy and quality, but also wrap around them the expertise that’s needed to create and maintain a more meaningful set of cyber defences.
What we can do
We can provide Avast Business Antivirus quickly and cost effectively to help secure your Windows and macOS devices and your sensitive data against known and unknown threats.
We’ll deploy and set up Avast, and keep an eye on everything through the central console so you can be confident you’re well protected.